Email lists are the primary way to stay connected with events and conversations happening around MITOC. On these lists, you can find hiking/climbing buddies, ask questions about the outdoors, and learn about upcoming MITOC trips!
Please note: should you wish to unsubscribe from any of these mailing lists, you can do so at the same links given for signup.
- official MITOC announcements. This is a low-traffic list, and it is recommended that all members subscribe.
- Once-weekly automated digest of all upcoming MITOC trips. Alternatively, subscribe to the RSS feed.
- member announcements of upcoming hiking and other general interest trips, request for general outdoors information, trip reports. The mitoc list has over 2,500 subscribers. Please consider that figure before emailing the list.
Lists by Activity
- discussions about indoor & outdoor climbing, announcements of member climbing trips, attempts to find climbing partners, climbing trip reports
- information about the climbing wall, climbing wall hours, climbing wall questions
- details about climber-oriented yoga classes coordinated by MITOC
- discussions about white-water, flatwater, and sea kayaking and canoeing; announcements of paddling trips; paddling trip reports
- all things surfing related including trips and lessons
- discussions about backcountry skiing, announcements of member backcountry trips, attempts to find skiing partners, backcountry trip reports.
- all things mountaineering
- all things mountain biking: trips, reports and discussion
- all things related to windsurfing and other wind sports
- expedition team (advanced mountaineering)
- all things about running in the mountains
If you’re a MITOC member or alum living outside the Boston area, check out these regional lists for outdoorsy stuff in your area.
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Southern California
- Seattle, Washington
- Alps region, Germany / Switzerland / Italy
- US Rocky Mountain region - Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming
- For anyone who wants to help out with the cabin’s ongoing improvements and maintanence.
- gear tips and tricks, questions about gear, available sales and deals
- All things housing - solicitations for roommates, subletting, etc.
- mountaineering committee list: information, discussion, and coordination of training sessions and major mountaineering excursions.
- announcements for the free shuttle from MIT campus to MetroRock Boston
- topics related to environmental conservation, trail building, animal rescue
To contact the Board of Directors with general questions or comments about the club send mail to email@example.com.
For particular MITOC events, contact:
For particular MITOC activities, contact:
Questions or problems?
All users should be able to use the above links to subscribe to these lists. If you keep having problems with our list maintenance utility Mailman or have questions about the lists, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question. This is not an automatic subscription service, so please be friendly.